Expanding Your Family Through Adoption
Welcoming a child into your family through adoption is a joyous occasion. But, before you can celebrate a new addition, you’ll need to navigate the adoption process, which can be challenging and time-consuming. This is not a process that you need to face alone.
For over 40 years, attorney Eric Spencer has advised families and individuals pursuing adoption in Virginia, the United States and abroad. He is able to assist you with all aspects related to this family law matter, including fathers seeking to establish paternity and grandparents fighting for custody and visitation rights. Eric Spencer uses his decades of experience to streamline complicated procedures so that you can begin building a new life with your new family member.
Qualified To Guide You Through Straightforward And Complex Adoptions
At Spencer Law PLLC, we are licensed to represent individuals, same-sex couples, opposite-sex couples, stepparents, family members and foster parents who seek adoptions.
You can rely on us to guide you through a variety of adoptions that include:
- Contested adoptions, which may require the court to terminate the birth parents’ rights
- Stepparent adoptions, which may require interested parties to obtain consent from the birth parent before the stepparent can legally adopt the child
- Foster parent adoptions, which may require foster parents to complete Virginia’s Foster to Adopt program and to obtain a court order to terminate the birth parents’ rights
- Agency adoptions, which may require prospective adoptive parents to meet standards set by private agencies or Virginia’s Department of Social Services
- Interstate adoptions, which may require interested parties to follow adoption procedures across state lines
- International adoptions, which may require prospective adopted parents to observe international laws
Successfully navigating the adoption process takes commitment, patience and legal know-how. With attorney Spencer’s counsel, you can rest assured that you will be well-prepared for each stage of this undertaking. We are equipped to help you meet deadlines on time, submit appropriate documentation to the correct agencies and provide compassionate advice when you need it most.
Contact Us To Get Started
Whether you have questions about paperwork or protocol, we have answers. Connect with our lawyer at our Roanoke office by calling 540-685-0361 or by completing our online contact form.